Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Share your FORScan experience with other users

curtie44
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:05 am
Vehicle: Explorer, TiVCT, 3.5L 2011

Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

A couple of weeks ago my backup camera in my 2011 explorer limited quit working. I picked up a new one and installed. The camera works now except the image is upside down! I tried to perform the rear camera calibration in FORScan but every time at 8% I get the "Test aborted. Perform a self-test to identify any diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)" error. When I run the DCT test I get the B115E:08-48 error, but it says that it is not an active fault. I'm able to clear it and it doesnt come back until I run the rear camera calibration. Anyone know what is causing this? I'm running FORScan version 2.3.9

Myrdin
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:53 am
Vehicle: Ford Ranger Limited 2016

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Post by Myrdin »

Hello!

I have exactly the same failure with my Ford Ranger 2016. I lost the
active lines from my rearview camera and can't fix the problem.

Any Ideas?

mav_03
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:17 am
Vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 XLT 5.0V8

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Post by mav_03 »

I have same issue with my 2014 ford f150. Replaced bad camera, new camera works but no parking lines. Tried the calibration in forscan and aborts at 8% saying to run self-test. Ran Bdycm self-test with no errors found. Anyone found a way to fix other than taking to dealer?

Dbrennan17
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:12 am
Vehicle: Ford Edge 2013

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Post by Dbrennan17 »

I reached out to Forscan support with my logs and this is what they told me:

This is known issue, but there is no known solution yet, According to the logs, the procedure is interrupted by BdyCM. The error code thrown is B115E:08. According to the workshop manual (1.pdf attached) it means Bus Signal/Message Failure. Recommended pin-point test G (2.pdf attached) does hardware part check, but we think the problem is not in the hardware. We have 2 versions (both not checked yet):
1. New camera may be not fully compatible with old BCM. Most likely, BdyCM or APIM firmware update is necessary.
2. If the camera is not OEM ("clone"), it may be not identical to original (OEM) one

I still don't have a solution. I was thinking about putting my old camera back in and trying to recalibrate, but I'm uncertain it will make any difference.

FWIW, I got my camera from ebay, and it looks like a match, but I don't think it has the same exact model number. It works - it's just the image is upside down and there are no lines anymore.

mgrantom
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:09 am
Vehicle: Ford Edge 2011

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Post by mgrantom »

I replaced my camera with one off Ebay. Camera works fine but no guidance lines. Aborts the camera calibration test. Took to the dealer and the tech said, I have a counterfeit backup camera (even though it had the OEM part number on it). He says he can spot the knock off cameras easily because the lens is purple, or something like that. Any rate, it works except no lines so I guess I will live with it. Funny thing, the old, OEM camera was showing upside down and it also failed the calibration test, so I'm not 100% convinced about what is going on.

omar302
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:50 am
Vehicle: Ford Edge, Gasoline 2.7L/335hp, 2016

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Post by omar302 »

Maybe this is not of much help, but maybe it is good for info or the ForScan team. I have a 2011 MKX & the camera calibration works on the stock camera, in other words, the programming goes through to 100% & completes. I suggest those that have tried to calibrate to specify if their camera are OEM or not. The easiest way to know is price, if it was from eBay for much less than $100/-, then it is an aftermarket.

Edit: Those with an upside down image, I don't believe a calibration will fix it. OEM, calibration will only add back the guidelines.

kamkaran
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:13 am
Vehicle: Mazda 2016

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Post by kamkaran »

Its a very complicated issue because its happened on me once and one of friend fixed but took too much time :( :( :( :(

Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.